Welcome to Behaviour with Bayley
A series of Film Clubs, Workshops and Webinars for Adults Working with Young People
John Bayley has trained 1000s of people in behaviour management in schools successfully.
This is new online content for the professional development of teachers.
Who is John Bayley?
John Bayley was described as an ‘outstanding Leader’ during his tenure at a large PRU in Southwark, London. Since then he has coached hundreds of SLTs/MLTs and worked with teachers in thousands of classrooms. He was a Lead Behaviour Consultant for Education London in the hugely successful ‘Keys to Success’ Programme.
Currently he provides advice to STEM National Learning Centre students and teachers from around the world. His Youtube channel gets nearly 5000 visitors a month and his Teachers’ TV videos (over 100 episodes) have been watched by millions. They still feature in many ITT, NQT and INSET courses. These groups bring together all of John’s own huge experience alongside that of several Education leaders and researchers he has worked with over the years. Here’s John talking about this programme…
Behaviour – Inclusion – Learning – Progress
About this programme
In this suite of training programmes there are currently 18 Workshops divided into 3 seperate series (each with its own collaborative Group space). A further 40+ are in development. Each workshop, or episode, contains everything you’ll need to experience, or present, at least 75 to 90 minutes of top quality training – plus optional content if you have time for more. All in all there’s over 100 hours of content to choose from.
Click here to see how much your annual subscription would be.
Who is it for?
Every adult in your school uses their IRIS Connect* login to access and interact with the content, and collaborate on its interpretation and impact:
Individual Students, Teachers and TAs
Who can enjoy first class training, read research, watch training video, engage with online activities, and communicate with a remote tutor if needed. The programme is designed to be flexible so users could also dip in and out, e.g. focus on a particular theme. They can also earn certificates to add to their professional development portfolios.
Groups and Teams
It’s an easy way for collaborating groups, departments or teams to upload files, create and edit video, and use integrated discussion tools to share ideas and experiences.
Mentors, Leaders and Coaches
Great for mentors, leaders or coaches who wish to facilitate in-house sessions. They can use their own training methods alongside ours – supported by editable facilitator notes which guide leaders through their online presentations and content.
All professionals will be able to attend interactive Live Scheduled Training Webinars – all of which can be recorded to support asynchronous training and all important follow-up.
Series 1: Core Knowledge and Skills
This set of 6 workshops focuses on concepts and skills that…
* build a mental framework,
* a repertoire of skills,
* a set of clear operational criteria for effective management of your classroom, and
* a structure for thinking about whole school policy.
You’ll recognise many tried and tested skills – and new ones – demonstrated in recent video and old favourites. We encourage users to add their own strategies and ideas.
Film Club Episodes in this Series
- Feeling Confident and In Charge
- Praise, Rewards and Staying Positive
- Corrective Feedback
- Managing Self
Each episode will need at least an hour but there is plenty more content should you have the time. Within each episode there will be suggested background reading, video presentations, classroom video analysis, training activities (including suggested role-plays), guided discussion and a plenary where next steps can be decided.
Series 2: Understanding and Managing Difficult Behaviours
What's in series 2
12 Workshops – 6 Primary focussed and 6 Secondary
- Series 2 delves deeper into the more persistent challenges and serious situations, that can, and do, arise in our classrooms, and uncovers the knowledge, understanding, skills and strategies needed to deal with them. Please note that restraint is not covered in this programme (we hope the skills in this programme will help avoid the need for it).
- By using scripted scenarios alongside supported role play, various challenges are addressed in a ‘mock’ student-teacher meeting where behaviours are discussed and actions agreed. In this way participants genuinly experience the emotions and related professional skills.
Why 'Supported' Role-play?
Supported role play allows for learning in the here and now. It provides…
- An opportunity for teachers to give each other feedback on the scripts and language they use and the way they use them,
- A safe setting for trying out ideas that may subsequently be used in the classroom.
- A format that is far less scary than standard role-play.
- And finally – it’s always fun! (Although it can get very realistic).
But don’t teachers hate role play? It’s true, despite the above, that many teachers dislike or feel anxious about role play (or the thought of it). That is why we have adapted it. When participants are enacting a role, they share it with colleagues. So, for example, two adults may enact the role of one student and two adults the role of a teacher. At any point the participants can open a discussion about what’s happening, offer suggestions and even take over the role. We also provide all the guidance needed and dummy scripts for participants to use.
Workshop Scenarios and Theories
A typical teacher-student scenario is at the centre of each episode, but the programme starts with a video and discussion about underlying theory and skills that are relevant in all episodes and scenarios. The workshops and themes and theories are…
1. Persistent Disruption (Theory: Structuring Meetings)
2. Attention Seeking (Theory: Behaviour Plans)
3. Relationship Difficulties (Theory: The Effect of Adverse Childhood Experiences)
4. A ‘Clingy’ Child Theory (Children’s Feelings)
5. Anger: Theory (Understanding and Managing Anger)
6. Working with Parents (Theory: Teacher-Parent Relationships)
1. Persistent Disruption (Theory: Structuring Meetings)
2. Attention-Seeking (Theory: Emotional and Psychological reactions)
3. Cold Anger: Theory (Using Key Messages with Students)
4. Aggression: Theory (Understanding and Managing Anger)
5. Withdrawal: Theory (Adolescence, Difficult Behaviour and Withdrawal)
6. Meet the Parents: Theory (Key Messages for Parents)
Each episode will need at least an hour but there’s enough content in each to support a 90 minute Film Club or workshop.
Users are encouraged to add their own stimulus, activities and learning points.
Within each episode there will be suggested background reading, video analysis, open and guided discussion, and, at the centre of the action is the supported role-play scenario.
How to subscribe
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your purchase order number (your School Business Manager will be sent a 30 day invoice)
3. You will receive an activation email and a link to your programme.
Programmes & Pricing
Choose the programme for your school or organisation
(Prices exclude VAT)
|Whole School Series 1 AND Series 2 (Annual Licences)|
|Small Primary (up to 200 pupils)||£340.00|
|Medium Primary (up to 400 pupils)||£440.00|
|Large Primary/Small Secondary (up to 800 pupils||£540.00|
|Medium Secondary (Up to 1200 pupils)||£640.00|
|Large Secondary (over 1200)||£740.00|
|Whole School Series 1 OR 2 (Annual Licences)|
|Small Primary (up to 200 pupils)||£195.00|
|Medium Primary (up to 400 pupils)||£245.00|
|Large Primary/Small Secondary (up to 800 pupils)||£295.00|
|Medium Secondary (Up to 1200 pupils)||£345.00|
|Large Secondary (over 1200)||£395.00|
|INSET/Custom training/Consultancy Projects|
|Online with John Bayley - bespoke workshops any length to fit your timings and availability.|
|Online or onsite with an Equis facilitator|
|Onsite with John Bayley|
|Learning, Behaviour, Inclusion projects per day|
|Coaching for Learning and Progress per day|
|Individual Accounts (Annual Licence) For School Leaders, Mentors, Trainers and Facilitators Please note: Limited to presentation use only||£195.00|
|CPD Platform build: Your school's bespoke CPD training and collaboration portal – developed and maintained|
|Full custom build||£1,500.00|
|Ongoing Maintenance and development per year||£600.00|
Get in touch with us
*IRIS Connect is the secure dedicated platform for Teacher Professional Development. If you need to update your email address or don’t have your login details just email email@example.com using your school email address. We’ll send an activation email so you can get started.